Home School Agreement
Newbridge School is committed to achieving the best possible outcomes for all students and recognises the importance of positive partnership with parents/carers for achieving this.
Newbridge School commitment:
- Show all students respect and unconditional positive regard
- Care for all students’ safety and wellbeing
- Set high expectations for students
- Explicitly teach what we recognise to be acceptable behaviour and role model appropriate behaviour in every interaction
- Provide a broad, appropriate curriculum
- Provide an appropriate, stimulating learning environment
- Deal with any cases of harassment or bullying promptly and firmly
- Listen to both students and parents/carers, always aiming for the best possible levels of communication between school and home
- Support Newbridge’s aims and policies
- Ensure that my child attends regularly and punctually
- Expect and encourage my child to behave appropriately at school and engage with learning
- Recognise that if my child’s behaviour is unacceptable this may result in detentions or outside agency intervention
- Recognise that if my child displays certain challenging behaviours this may result in appropriate physical intervention being used (for my child’s safety, the safety of others, or to prevent/stop damage, disruption or criminal activity)
- Celebrate my child’s achievements with praise and encouragement
- Communicate openly with Newbridge
- Ensure that Newbridge always has current emergency contact number(s), answer calls and respond to texts promptly
- Ensure I collect my child promptly if they become unwell, require medical attention or are engaging in unsafe behaviour
- Understand that if my child does not follow school rules they are at risk of exclusion
- Make safe choices
- Be where I should be
- Respect the school building and resources
- Show respect for other students and staff
- Engage with learning
- Hand in any possessions that should not be in school (including mobile phone) to be locked away for safety
- Recognise that if my behaviour is unacceptable this may result in detentions or outside agency intervention
- Recognise that if I display certain challenging behaviours this may result in appropriate physical intervention being used (for my child’s safety, the safety of others, or to prevent/stop damage, disruption or criminal activity)
- Understand that if I do not follow school rules I am at risk of exclusion
Newbridge School is part of The Central Learning Partnership Trust: a company limited by Guarantee.
Registered in England and Wales. Company number: 07827368. Registered Office: Central Learning Partnership Trust, Prestwood Road, Wolverhampton, WV11 1RD.
Copyright © 2022 The Central Learning Partnership Trust. All Rights Reserved.